Engineer Corps Memorial Centre
Located in Linton Camp a few kms from Palmerston North. Contains artefact's and heritage items of military engineering in New Zealand and service overseas from 1864 to present day. Free entry but donations always very acceptable.
- Displays of the NZ Land Wars,
- Engineer volunteers in the main ventres 1864 - 1910
- WW1 service in NZ and in Gallipoli, Mesopotamia, and the Western Front, Field Companies and Tunnellers and the signal service
- Between the wars
- WW2 service in Egypt, Italy, the United Kingdom, the Pacific Islands
- Post WW2 service in:-
- Japan, Malaya, Korea, Vietnam, Pacific Islands, Timor Leste, Afghanistan, Sinai
If you have been to the Waiouru National Army Museum you will find this as a next step particularly related to military engineering.